3.2K views

I had a large Wood-Mode remodel job. Some items at the time of installation were defective. Wood-Mode agreed to replace the items but did so in a peculiar way. We were told that they would replace them but that it would be one time only and it would be considered our warranty work. Apparently, if there is any other problem with these items, we won't have any warranty recourse?

On top of that, the mother corporation won't talk to us. It was hard to even find a phone number for WoodMode. We did, but they don't want to talk.

Emails have been unanswered.

We have not yet received the items that were supposedly ordered under our warranty months ago.

Wood-Mode likes to talk only with its dealers, not with peons like end users.

The dealer who was supposedly helping us doesn't return our calls.

So, our replacement products are either: never shipped from Wood-Mode in Kreamer Pennslyvania or in the possession of a dealer who is not telling.

WoodMode says that they don't have anything to do with how good or bad dealers are.

Whoa!!

So, if you go to the WoodMode site and find a WoodMode dealer, you need to know CAVEAT EMPTOR!!!! Buyer beware!

Had an Experience with Wood Mode?

Comments

Monroe Township, New Jersey, United States #709628

WOW!it sounds like a nightmare that we are going through right now but with Starmark cabinetry and their dealer Direct Depot Kitchens.

Cabinets came defective, most of them. They tried to replace them twice, sending us either wrong cabinetry or cabinets in even worse condition.

Now finish on installed cabinets (not all of the cabinets have been installed and we didn't use the kitchen yet)is pealing like the skin of burned body.Already for 1/2 a year we cannot get in touch with anyone in Starmark of Direct Depot who sold us these cabinets.

I am sorry we didn't just go to Home Depot and got regular Kraft Maid cabinets.

Scranton, Pennsylvania, United States #675498

wood mode is buliding very poor cabinets have worked their a number of years and they keep putting poor product out they need better management!!!!!!

Dawsonville, Georgia, United States #599323

Your complaints sound like they should be directed at the Kitchen Designer who did your kitchen not wood-mode.

I purchase Wood-mode white laminate cabinets over 25 years ago.I have also had hinge problems but the manufacturer has been supportive and sent new ones.

I have been EXTREMELY upset with the edging on my laminate cabinets. The white has turned dingy and I have been told that the warranty does not cover the edging. When I purchased the cabinets I was told I had a lifetime guarantee. The dealer is no longer in business.

I am now replacing the cabinets and I will definitely not use Wood-mode.The quality of the exterior material on my cabinets was definitely not good.

We had cabinets (Brookhaven)installed about 15 years ago.I had a couple of hinges break and called customer service (570-374-2711) I wish every place of business I dealt with was as helpful and courteous as they were.

Our cabinets have held up extremely well also- even with 3 children growing up.I would not hesitate to recommend them.

I have wood mode cabinets that are 30 years old.The cabinets are in great shape but the hinges have been a problem over the years.

They are made by a company called Grass, the problem is in the materialthey are made of . It appears to be a pot metal and after a while it fatuiges and breaks, I have replaced some of them over the years thru the contractor I used, but he's no longer in buseness.

If you can tell me where to get new ones I would greatly appricate it.Thanks Uim Friel E-mail @ jimmers7802@verizon.net

I like my cabinets but the shelves have all bowed, the cabinets are about 4 or 5 years old and I got them from Ed Lank kitchens in New Cumberland PA. Could you contact me so that I can find a solution for this?

every so often I take everything out of the cabinets and turn the shelves upside down so they bow the other direction and are flat for a short while until they bow down again. My phone numbe ris 717-265-4450 and we live in Mechanicsburg PA.

Marien

#371956

A rip off.There were dents on a cabinet, and the glue was coming undone on another.

The "veneer" looks like a thin photograph paper.

Really substandard.I regret not going for a cheaper option.

I have had my Wood Mode cabinets for over thirty five year and they still look brand new. We have never encountered any of the problems listed here and found the dealer we bought our cabinets from very hands-on and knowledgeable. I would buy another Wood-Mode kitchen in a minute, but true to their word I won't ever have to.